Monday, September 6, 2010

Grandson's First Birthday

Yesterday my grandson celebrated his 1st birthday.

I have been keeping this little rocking chair for years, in hopes that I could

pass it on to my grandchild someday. It used to belong to my daughter who

is now 28. My husband and I started working on it in July. It was difficult to

scrape the white paint from some of the areas like the spindles, but with a

wire brush and alot of elbow grease, we stripped off the white paint and

stained it in a red mahogony color. Then we put on two coats of polyurethane.

Hope he likes it!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandson! What a wonderful Birthday gift for him. Gifts like that have so much more meaning than a plastic toy that will be pitched in a short time. Hope you have enjoyed your weekend.

Anonymous said...

Love the rocking chair! What a neat idea and now it has sentimental written all over it! We have a baby bed that my two children slept in, my sister's two boys slept in, and all three of my grandchild have slept in. What a treasure! Enjoyed your blog!

Liz